View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2009, 08:32 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Exclamation Lost cats - important info

I was at my feral support group meeting last night. The vet that runs it is the same vet who has the unpleasant job of euthanizing the cats/kittens/dogs from the HS in that area. Some of the information on numbers was chilling. Out of 7900 cats turned in last year 120 were returned to their families. 120!!! :sad: That is beyond sadness. It is devastating. I am sure in larger centers the numbers are very much larger.

The important info she passed on....... When your cat is lost and you go to the shelter looking for it please, please ask if they have any cats in the sick room or if you can also look in their feral room. Your cat could have come in sick from being outside. It could have also acted feral because of stress and so would have been placed in the feral room. Please do not assume just because your cat is not in general population that it isn't there. Maybe, just maybe, this info will bring a few more kitties home.

There is an interesting book out there. I have not been fortunate enough to read it yet but it is on my wish list. Maybe an early birthday gift to myself. If you get a chance to read it please do. Redemption by Nathan Winograd. He believes we can achieve 100% no kill nation. I know this is in the States. There is no reason we can't achieve it here either.

http://www.nathanwinograd.com/