View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2011, 09:35 AM

Need help with puppu

I got a puppy from a friend of mine who accidentally wound up with puppies, about a week ago. She's 15 weeks old, 50% bull-mastiff, 25% husky, 25% black lab. my fiance and I have gotten just about everything down pat already, except for the peeing in the apartment. We live on the fifteenth flour of an eighteen floor apartment building (Donno if she'll be to big for the apartment, but I fell in love with her and we were looking for a dog to keep me company on days when he was at work and I'm home off). We take her for walks first thing in the morning, after we get home from work, and just before we go to bed, and when one of us are home through out the day she goes out periodically between those times. She was fine at first when we brought her home, but then my fiance's mother gave us a bed for her, we didn't know till we got home when she called us to say "By the way you have to wash it, we haven't washed it since our last dog." who had apparently peed on it constantly. We took the bed away but she continued to pee in the area the bed was in, so we took it away from her and sprayed it down with some oder eliminator spray we got from Pet Smart, and now instead of peeing in that area she's now peeing all over the apartment.

What should I do? I want to keep her but my fiance is getting irritated and threatened to get rid of her this morning. I really need some advice on how to stop this.