View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2004, 11:02 PM

Dog rescued in Mexico

This July while travelling down through Baja in an RV we stopped at one campsite where there were a number of stray dogs running around. One dog in particular was pretty friendly & my wife fed him. That night he ran off with one of my brand new leather sandals. After an hour of cursing & swearing, I finally managed to find it in a field the following day.

We continued onto Cabo San Lucas & back & hit the same campground on the way back. This same dog recognized our rig & came running up as soon as he spotted us. He hung around for 3 days & my wife was feeding him. We checked with the owner to make sure he was a stray & decided to take him with us. best decision we ever made. He's a wonderful dog & the most affectionate one I've ever had & he doesn't bark. We had to teach him how to play with the things dogs normally play with like sticks & balls as he had no idea what to do with them. He won't chase birds or cats, but goes after field mice. I guess that is what he was living on. He was pretty confused when he saw the first one climb a tree. (It was a squirrel)