View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
My surgery is on the 26th June, Hazel. I thought it interesting that 2 Americans I know who have had total knee replacements were released from hospital 3 days after the op., yet here they want patients in for a week. One of those friends sent me a booklet though, one she was given before her op. and in it there are 9 pre-op exercises they do, 3 times with 10 repetitions, twice a day, whereas all the physio told me to do was just one exercise 10 times daily. Isn't that woeful? LOL. You'd have no muscle tone at all. So, I've dragged my big exercise bike out of mothballs and am also doing the exercises, fingers crossed that it might mean I can get mobile and go home early. Dundee didn't eat a lot tonight but I didn't push it because I don't know how much they got him to eat at the clinic.
No two people recover at the same rate from surgery, your age and what kind of health you're in made a difference. I hope you'll be feeling like OK soon. That is good news your boys are going better. It's so hard seeing a beloved pet in pain.