View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2007, 03:39 PM

Evanger's and Missing Link

I've been reading the posts on this site in prep for my quarterly truck load dog food buy today, but I haven't seen any comments on Evanger's or Missing Link. Considering we are all looking for the 'best' dog food for the price I thought I'd ask your advice. I four big furry kids, and feed Canidae dry with a variety of wet (Natural Balance and Canidae). My last visit to the feed store they talked me into trying Evanger's. I never heard of it, and it had an ol' time funky label making me think it was some cheap garbage. To my surprise it's almost pure human grade meat - no fillers - and the price is a lot lower than the designer foods. A diamond in the rough? So I thought I'd ask you opinion.

I'd also like to recommend Missing Link to everyone! I had a small dog (starts with an S, but the site blocked it as profanity-chuckle) who's back quarters became paralyzed in an accident. I did the massage and water therapy for her - and no change. I heard of Missing Link and thought I'd give it a try. After six weeks her eyes brightened, she started getting strength in her legs - and in another 4 weeks was walking. I can't swear Missing Link made all the difference, but since then put all my dogs are on it. As a result their coats are beautiful, I've never needed teeth cleanings (to my Vets astonishment), and I have no hip or back problems. The stuff is pricey, but the benefits I've had with it makes it well worth the price.