Thread: Crazy Dog!!
View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

I couldn't agree more.... you don't need to discourage a growl. Some dogs are just vocal. Nookie sounds like a vicious monster when he's playing, but that's ALL he's doing, playing. And I LOVE when he's vocal... it makes me laugh. If you didn't know him, you might be afraid. But anyone who does know him would also know he's a HUGE puppy, even at almost 3 yrs old and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. And I also agree that when it comes to all the "don't let your dog do that, he's trying to dominate you" crap, it' just that... crap. I've had dogs all my life and if I treated them the way Cesar Milan teaches (and many other trainers out there), I'd never have the cuddly, sweet snuggle bugs that I do have. They love to play tug-o-war, they're allowed on the couch, they sleep with us, and Nookie (yes, all 95 pounds of him) will climb on my lap for cuddles and loves
I have never seen any of this as a sign of disrespect or dominance.

Pattymac... you need to post some pics!!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012