View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2005, 12:08 AM
Senior Contributor

I was training Tron for my brother who is on the K9 Unit.I had him for 18 months.Then he took Tron for his on going training.He is SchH III certified.He passed that with flying colours.The fun part was training him in German...LOL...Got that help from Mom who lived in Germany for 10 years....

Not much of a breeder to tell someone their dog could never be off leash..

Yes,we can agree on that the recall should be done outdoors.They need to be in a situation with distractions.With any type of training.And I had 2-3 month old pups I was training at the same time.And Tron needed to get used to all the sites and sounds for the work he was going to get into.Even the noise of fireworks.That was fun.LOL.

You hear alot of how Huskies should not be off leash.But my sister has 3 of them along with a Border Collie.And they are on a farm.The only time they are on a leash is when they go into town and on walks.It takes time and patience when training,but it does pay off in the end.

Thank you for the comments tenderfoot and heeler's.It is a great feeling knowing I contributed to something as training a Police Dog that made it....I have had him back for a year now.He is slowly coming around since we lost his buddy in Sept.