View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:16 PM

Just wanted to post an update on Milo, he had his surgery on monday and has about a 6 inch incision down his side (poor guy) but he is being a trooper. I received a message from the vet today (the lab results came back quicker than anticipated) and there is no cancer YAY!!!!, just an inflammatory response to the vaccine!!! I am so happy, such a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I have been worried sick ever since I found the lump 2 weeks ago.
I do feel bad that he had to go through the surgery for no reason really, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
Carrie: You might want to take your cat in to the vet who did he vaccines? I'd imagine they would do a re-check at no charge, and they should be able to let you know if they think it would be better to wait it out?
Best of luck with your kitty, it is so scary when you look on the internet and it basically any information about vaccine lumps all you find is cancer info, but just remember that people only tend to post the worst on the internet.