View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler~GateKeeper View Post
What was the reason you took him off the original costco food he was getting?
He was being sick, then his sister was sick one time. I packaged up all the food I had left, and threw it out, thinking something might have gotten to the food as it was a huge bag. Since he was being sick, and he is long hair I bought IAMS Hairball control thinking that might stop him being sick, and from there he as deteriorated.

Quote:
Did these symptoms start before or after you changed food?
Before, the reason I got rid of the food was that he kept on being sick, at first it was only when he was excited / stressed and the throw up was always food. It actually looked like light coloured poops, but it was 100% crunched up dry food.

Quote:
Have you tried him back on the original food to see how his digestive tract reacts?
The nearest costco is 2 hours drive away so we haven't, right now we are on vet prescribed fibre food.

Quote:
Did the vet feel the cats stomach, digestive tract & colon to feel if there is a blockage? Sometimes the cat can have hard poop or a foreign object stuck in the colon and the diarrhea, mucus & blood could still leak out around it.
Yeah he felt his belly, and said something, maybe the digestive track felt solid, that it should usually feel paper thin but his felt like a solid piece of string. Does that make sense?

Quote:
If this is a case of IBS switching foods often will only aggravate the issue since each of the foods may have different ingredients that cause different reactions.
Like I said, they have never been fussy so I didn't think anything of switching the food. I ended up switching to the wet because I thought if he has an upset tummy something grain free and watery would be easier for him to digest, and would give him more water to stop him dehydrating. Now we are on vet Fibre food which I hope settles him.