View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
1 - times have changed. People now live in smaller spaces. Because of this, animals (compact or not) can and will adjust. The excuse that animals cannot accompany their owners because of a space issue, really concerns me.
2 - ideally we would also want our pets to have someone home most of the day. In this day and age, this simply is not ideal. Nowadays, both people need to work to make a living.
Hmmm, I don't think I could agree less.

#1 - For thousands of years the trend has always been that people on larger land plots tended to have larger dogs. Indoor dogs tended to be smaller. Large palaces with land often had fairly large dogs like Bourjois, Saluki, etc. The dogs tended to suit their purpose. This should still be the same - people should choose a breed that suits their life, instead of trying to cram a square into a circle hole. What time has changed is that now people have dogs based upon their wants/likes rather than needs, which ties into #2.

#2 - One of my absolute biggest pet peeves is when people say both spouses have to work to make a living. This is absolutely false, but getting into this subject is REALLY off-topic and needs its own thread if we should carry on discussing.
Peewee - Jan '06 - 6.5 lb Chi (adopted May '09)
--------------------
Roxy - Feb '05 to May '20 AmStaff (adopted Jul '11)
Myka - Nov '98 to Jan '10 - APBT X
Lacy - Sep '92 to Jul '03 - Sheltie