View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinaling View Post
More great ideas, thanks so much!

I did notice the on-a-string warning- I've watched him with the mouse for months and think he's okay. It's actually an elastic and springs back, and since he likes to jump at things, the mouse itself is high enough off the ground that he hasn't been able to tangle himself with it yet

I may try the box with the ping pong balls in it. He really likes chasing these plastic Christmas bulbs I have (no paint on them, sturdy) because they change direction. He's since decided he doesn't like the laser pointer anymore, lol.As much as I've considered another cat, I'm still too new to being a pet mummy right now and not ready for it. And from what my friends have said, Lancelot probably isn't bored so much as being chill. Nothing phases him
Put it away for awhile. They get bored with the same toy just like kids. Give it a rest and I bet he "rediscovers" it. Gosh, I can't believe we even have those things. I used to use a little glass prism with a rose inside it that sat on my Mother's coffee table. When rotated it sent little beams of coloured light around the walls for the cats to chase. Could only use it at certain times of day when the light came in the window.