View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:42 AM

Thanks for the link to the website, I'll check it out.

I can't think of any way that Mikey could be getting into toxins now. He's a huge plant chewer-but he hasn't chewed on anything in at least a couple of weeks. We take them outside to 'play' in our yard and a couple of weeks ago my husband 'lost' Mikey for a bit (not a good day for him). Mikey was outside in very hot weather and absolutely could have gotten into all sorts of toxins, including weird plants and even a snake bite (this is Thailand after all). We saw no marks no him, no vomiting, just lots of open mouthed panting. I'm not sure how much this could play into his current state.

As I write this, he is currently once again 'withdrawing' and hiding in the back room behind the ironing board.

The more I research, the more I'm wrecked with guilt. I had Mikey on a primarily dry kibble diet (grain free and high quality, but still dry) AND then I started feeding him loads of crappy, total fish based Thai wet cat food...the two worst things you can do for a cat to contribute to urinary problems. I'm an idiot. Lesson learned, I just pray it's not too late...