View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaykeija View Post
Beautiful dog. Instead of giving her a bath, could you use non scented baby wipes on her? Might help with the smellies and sooth her skin.
we've tried the wipes and sprays, but even the scented ones just mask the smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty11 View Post
So I noticed this happening to my Boston Terrier about 6 mths of age, maybe after her spay, but I definately noticed after her 6 mth shots. We had similar problems, red type blisters, constant scratching and did all the tests with no conclusions. If her skin smells, she may need an antibiotic treatment. Did u look into Psoriasis, it's a condition that is smelly. Marty too spends her day looking for back scratchers.... We did it all and have resorted to steroids unfortunately. Are u in touch with the breeder by chance? If you get any answers I would appreciate your input.
We have the contacted the breeder but they hadn't known of such conditions. They suggested a different wash (pine-sol/pantene), but it didn't make a difference.

We'll be doing the thyroid test next. That is a good suggestion. So far, we've done skin tests, stool tests, blood work, and allergy tests (not accurate IMO). I'll also look into Psoriasis.

The fungal medication Lola was prescribed is ketoconazole. It didn't work at first and we stopped everything because she had a bad breakout/reaction during this. We weren't sure if it was from the medicine or a different shampoo. We'll try it again also...

The steroid she takes is dexamethasone and this works immediately. Thanks for all your responses thus far. And she LOVES laying in the sun. She will lay anywhere there is sun and the doctor told us its good for her as it produces vitamin d.