Thread: aggressive rat
View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2004, 12:58 AM

I dont have another cage.. I had alot of them. but my friend got two rats, and they didn't get along so I had to give him two of them, and my brother just got a dagu.

But, I have good news! I tried the peanut butter and bread thing, and she was eating some on my hand, and I went to get her a little bit more to see if she'd take it with my hand outside of the cage, and she walked right onto my hand and let me hold her while she ate it. All she really needed was time Thanks so much for the suggestion. I'm going to keep working with chicken and peanut butter till she gets more use to being handled again. I had her out for two hours, I dont want to rush her into staying outside of her cage again, I want to take things slowly. Is this a bad idea? Or should I just hold her alot when I get the chance?

Mother of 1 child (JJ), 1 German Shepherd (Loki), 1 black & white LH kitten (Ms. Puss In Boots), 3 Bearded Dragons (Puff, Dudley, and Smog), 1 Hedgehog(Tony), and unwanted pets for readoption.