View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2010, 09:11 AM

Thank you all so so much for all your replies and kind words. Thank you, thank you.

Someone asked before, yes, my dog is neutered.

I just ordered two books: "Complete Idiots Guide To Positive Dog Training" & "Click To Calm: Healing The Aggressive Dog"

Than you for your suggestions, I will try this.

Currently he is not allowed on any couches.

I feel so trapped and lost. My life at home is not happy because of the situation with my dog. I have absolutely no family here so I had an opportunity to hire help with my twins, but I could not contain my dog who would attack. I am also unable to have other moms come to my house for play-dates.

It's not a good life for us, and not good life for my dog. I feel terrible for separating him, and when I am with my babies, I am tormented by the fact that he is locked away. He is just existing, not living and this is wrong.

My kids are not allowed in certain parts of the house because of my dog and I don't know if this can continue any longer as I cannot segregate my kids because of the dog. They will be walking soon, and then what?

All I want to do is cry because I have to make a choice between my dog and safety of my babies. I would never give him up, as I don't think he will be rehabilitated. I am thinking about euthanasia but I cannot even imagine doing it. Trapped.

If you don't feel comfortable sharing your views in a post, please send me a personal message with your point of view. I would really really appreciate this. You can also e-mail me at [personal email removed].

Have you heard of AlphaPaws company? Do you think they are worth trying? They have "Board & Train" programms for 15 days that deals with agression.

http://www.alphapaws.com/default.aspx

Do you think it's ok to hire someone to walk my dog or would that be bad for his training?

Again, thank you so much...

Last edited by Blackbear; March 25th, 2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Please, no personal email addresses. Members should PM the OP.