View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:24 PM
yearling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
You should find out how much time dogs get to play together at doggy daycare, I think the dogs spend more time in a cage than playing together.
Marty go to a doggy playgroup, he get to go outside 3 times when he stay for half a day which is 6 hours. When he is inside he can still play with the others dogs or go into crage if he want time out. Marty is a small dog so he in the small doggy playgroup, you shoud made sure your puppy is only with the small dogs or puppy group so she will not feel out of place.
I agree with you that Elsee more than likely was not allowed to be a puppy or have the right kind human contact at the puppy mill. The treats you got for Elsee sound good enough to serve to guests. That is great she when to bed on her own. Once she gain more confidence you'll start to see her personality start to come through and it will be easier to work with her. Patience is the key word here , Elsee will love you for it.
also pet smart makes the dogs pee and poo inside on the floor. they don't take them outside. so you might bring home a dog that now pees inside. i was going to let jobi go to their doggy camp until i saw all the dogs in the playroom peeing and messing. then the staff cleans it right away. but they are still giving the dog the message that you can pee inside. some dogs that are trained will hold their pee all day waiting to be taken outside. which is not good. so i think i will let him be there for 2 or 3 hours for exposure, then pick him up.