View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Are dog parks safe or did I just experience two bad days?

I would love to let King run free in an off leash park. I know there are rules, I know there are big dogs especially when you compare them to King, I would like socialize King more. He loves being outside. However when we went to two different parks we experienced some unnerving incidents, one was he got trampled by bigger dogs not on purpose and I knew I brought King when he was to young and the other one I went to was run by the humain society which is a small park so I thought smaller dogs will be there when we got there there were just small dogs good, King got sniffed when we first got there then this beagle wouldn't leave King alone turned out he wasen't fixed then there friends showed up with another beagle (I think they were beagles) but the breed dosen't really matter and that dog ended up haveing King in her mouth at his back. these people didn't follow the rules which is very simple one is no small children, no dogs in heat, no dog under 6 months, dogs with good manner (can't really remember the word) oh good temper something like that. King and I left the park stood outside the fence and talked to these people sitting on the bench. Soon bigger dogs came and let me tell you those dogs were the best dogs I have seen behaved well trained well amazing I can only wish King will get there some day. So basically what I am asking is should I try the doggie park one more time? Turns out there is one just down the street from me......