View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:43 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
It is hardy here! We are Zone 2-3 with our winters regularly down to -40C, with several weeks in the -35C range. I planted one pot of Wisteria last fall that had dried out in the pot and all the leaves fell off. I thought it was a goner, but I figured what the heck I'll plant it anyway. I loosened up the dirt around it and watered the heck out of it. That was literally only a couple weeks before the first frost. Very surprisingly it came up this spring! So it must be hardy!
I want to get an arbor--maybe when I do, I'll try the wisteria!

I had no idea that Virginia creeper got berries! I'm always so busy trying to rip it out that I guess I never looked at it to see if there were any! That might explain why there are always so many birds in it late summer and fall!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."