Thread: Puppy Trouble
View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymoon7 View Post
yeah they are. i don't know, maybe she does. but the vet said they're fine
Fairymoon, glad to hear the pups are doing good! Please keep us posted on their status and feel free to ask more questions, there are tons of members on here with LOTS of wonderful advice and knowledge to share!

I'm not an expert on genetics, but I am thinking (and I'm not 100% sure here) but wouldn't them being siblings have some potential health implications for the pups (i.e. birth defects, genetic diseases etc.)?? I may totally be off track here, so hopefully someone with more knowledge on this can provide some input.

I would strongly encourage you to ask your folks to consider selling these pups with a spay/neuter agreement of some sort. Besides the normal arguments for s/n pets, I am thinking since they have come from parents that were siblings, they defaintly should NOT be bred in the future...!

"Many of the Earth's habitats, animals, plants, insects, and even micro-organisms that we know as rare may not be known at all by future generations. We have the capability, and the responsibility. We must act before it is too late." - Dalai Lama