View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Just got another update! and another pic.
This comes from Karen, Hercules's new foster mom

"Just wanted to drop a quick note that all is well with Hercules!! He’s eating, drinking, nuzzling, fitting in fine, I swear he’s gained weight too
He’s a fast learner, yesterday was his first time running loose in the dog park (there were no dogs) and he had a blast, of course he knocked me over running but that’s because I couldn’t gauge which way he was going to go (and I’m not as quick as I used to be). He jumped a couple of times but then stopped, when walking he’s only ‘played’ ‘rough housed’ twice, he waits until you say okay before he takes treats from your hand (ok ok I know it may not work with strangers yet ..but), he sits before he gets his food and/or snacks, sits before the collar goes on. We’re investigating several dog trainers to find a good match. This weekend he will have his first ‘play’ date. He’s super clean in the house by the way, I was not expecting that so I’m very thrilled. Sweet. I have pictures on my phone but they don’t do him justice. Michael loves him and he’s taken a shine to Michael too. All in all, much better than I expected after 2.5 days And of course he’s loving being petted, rubbed, brushed, he even steps into the bathtub for a ‘cool’ down. Very very nice."
Attached Images