View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxaLisa View Post
You guys make such a wonderful team

This weather is so tough, I have to imagine how difficult it would be for Raggs. I"m glad that he is getting better after this last bleed, just amazing

I don't know if this is something you're interested in, but this is an herb that some have used with hemangio, it's to help stop the bleeding. I don't personally have any experience with it, but my vet said that it's used a lot: http://www.shopsuigetsu.com/Yunnan_B...baiyaocaps.htm

But I have to say, you've done a great job

Always more ear scritches and hugs for Raggs
Thanks so much for the suggestion Maxalisa. I read about this drug when I first tried all the different herbs and additives in his diet and I know there was a reason I decided not to use it, but I honestly can't remember what it was, now. I'll go back over the information about it, to see if I remember what it was. I think the fact that he stared barfing and having diarrhea as I added the different things made me decide that a plain cancer diet without any additives other than vitamins and minerals, flax seed, olive oil and sardines, had as good a chance as any to help him. So far so good, He seems to be holding his own. The tumour appears almost smaller than it was originally, but of course I have no idea what's growing inside. He still seems happy and contented, eagerly eats two meals a day plus a few home made treats.

The only thing I see right now is he seems to be molting even more than he was in the spring. His entire coat seems to be coming loose in chunks, but there is healthy shiny new fur replacing it. His new coat looks good. There is another thing that I've noticed in the last month or so, every time we have a thunder storm he gets really frightened, especially if it's in the middle of the night. His Thundershirt has helped get him through those occasions and me leaning off the side of my bed, patting him continuously, It seemed an odd thing to start so late in life, but maybe he just didn't feel comfortable enough to show his fear before now.

All in all we are beyond 7 months since he was diagnosed and he is definitely still holding his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieDog View Post
Keeping you, Raggs, and Sam in my thoughts. Glad everyone is hanging in. I know it is hard, but just a day at a time. We are all cheering for you all.
Thanks Scottiedog for your continued thoughts and prayers, we really appreciate them. I do believe that the forum thinking of him and praying has been one of the reasons Raggs is still with us. I also updated Sam's thread today and he seems to be improving too.