View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Honest Contributor

I agree with Prin.

from http://www.petextras.com/10petfoodsec.html:

Quote:
4. The Joke about "Lite" Diets ----------------------

So, your pet is overweight. How did that happen anyway? There is really no mystery here. Too many calories, too little activity. Wait! The fix is right here in the bag marked, "Lite and Fit". Right? Doubtful at best. Since the advent of these "Lite" diets, has there been a decrease in the number of overweight pets? Hmmmm... These are major profit centers for the makers. They contain less meat and fat (the costlier) ingredients and more (much) of the grains and fillers to reduce the number of calories. Then, guess what? You get to pay more! Guess what again? Your pet won't lose weight! Fact is, your pet will feel even less like moving around with a belly full of chaff than formerly with another diet. Don't buy into this ruse. It is much better to feed a good food in the amount sufficient to provide the calories for the desired body weight and to INCREASE the activity level by 300%. You've heard it said, "Diet without exercise doesn't work". That's true for pets as well.
so you CAN feed less of a good, regular food and how do you know if your cat is "starving"? it's just probably used to having a belly full of food and doesn't like the change.... well i would say "tough", and I would feed less of a better food and increase the exercise with more playtime and toys to ensure proper and healthy weight loss

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love: