View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:12 AM

Angry More on Zena the drama Queen Pooch.

Ok here's the scoop. We are trying to adopt a baby that is due in Jan. Zena doesn't seem to care for babies a whole lot. She isn't mean but, does avoid as much as possible. Unless that baby is calm then she gets curious. I have had a few people ask if she will be ok around the baby and I am simply not sure. She use to bully Pippin when we first got him but now they are inseparable. And besides Pippin is another dog not a child. Any ideas on how to curb Jealousy. The problem with her is that if you give her a little attention she wants the world and it's hard to convince her otherwise although she did show improvement today when I picked Pip up this morning she sat and waited to get petted for the first time ever. I'm asking for ideas now so that I'm not frantic in Jan trying to figure out how to manage 2 dogs and a baby as a visually impaired mom. Some of the signs that people say to look for I simply just cannot see and Zena is very expressive so people think she is more aggressive looking than she really is so they try to put thoughts in my head that I am going to have to watch her like a hawk when the baby comes which makes me nervous because having my first child is nerve racking enough plus all the paperwork they make you do to adopt plus having paranoid friends because your oldest pet is half Pit. Man this Pit Bull hating thing is really starting to get on my nerves and right now this is the last thing I should be worrying about. Besides watching her like a hawk will require a magnifying glass so I can see her facial expressions in the first place. I'm venting can't you tell. 3 days of paperwork will do that to a person. I already have other people that exercise her so she is use to going places with different people and they love to take her which is nice for me. Funny people love her but every time something new comes into our lives the Pit Bull red flag waves high and proud. I am use to letting her sniff everything in sight because she has always had issues with new objects so it has become a routine when someone brings something new in. I am probably just feeling everyone else's paranoia but, encouragement would be nice and I'm probably not going to get that from the Pit Bull paranoia parade.:sad: So that's my story what do you think?

Last edited by histears; August 26th, 2008 at 08:16 AM.