View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2009, 07:56 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
I have 2 Feli-Way diffusers,in the rooms they are the most,I have been buying Natures Miracle,but got a recipe for home-made stuff,I think Sugarcatmom gave it to 14+ and I am going to try that,much cheaper than Natures Miracles.
Good memory chico. Except it was our lovely Frenchy that gave me the recipe.

It is:

1 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup rubbing alcohol

Mix together in a spray bottle and spray. Of course you need to clean the spots as usual first.... blot the area as much as possible to get up as much of the urine before using the spray.
I have been reading this thread closely. It seems to me there has been tons of great advice given. I would for sure try to eliminate everything out of the apartment that has the smell of urine. If you can smell it Ford sure can. I am surprised your other kitty hasn't taken to using the couch and bed as well.
Uncover the litter boxes. Change litters if necessary. Place them apart, not close together. Feliway spray on the collar is great. Even the plug ins but they are pricey. Have him checked for UTI's. Change him to a high quality grain free food. All great suggestions!

One more thing.....
Make sure the other cat isn't sabatoging Ford when he is trying to use the litter. That would be enough to put him off using an enclosed box.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; January 17th, 2009 at 10:14 AM.