View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2009, 06:49 PM

I can understand how people would feel sad for the unborn pups. But when these pups are born, someone will have to bottle feed them around the clock 24/7.....an ethical breeder would do this to save his pups....but an ethical breeder would never have let the mom get this sick and unheathy. Added to this, with all the medical problems this dog has, these pups will probably not be very healthy themselves.
Working in rescue we see many things and I have bottle fed many pups (have a couple now). I have bottle fed puppies from a very unhealthy mom from a mill. Who no one even knew was pregnant. Even with every effort made on a lot of peoples part....5 puppies did not survive, the three I had did...but one with a lot of genetic problems. While I was saving these pups...some healthy others, were beeing put down.

We are in rescue and with so many great dogs beeing put down even as we speak. Unfortunately, we have to make decisions to save the ones we can and focus on the ones that are here now and not the ones that do not need to be.

Has heartbreaking as it sounds, I am sure that Benmax and the vets are making the right decision.