Thread: hard decision
View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Does your cats have access to cat grass to chew on? All my cats chew on it outside, so I'm thinking it seems to be an important part of their diet . I'm thinking if you cut up some grass into very small pieces and add it to their food, it may add some fiber that is not grain based That, of course, is not based on any scientific data, just a hunch.

Even the smallest amounts of allergens will cause a reaction. I buy the Wellness in the large soup size cans due to the price of it. Much cheaper that way. They have two flavours that I buy: Chicken and Turkey, they don't have any fish in them. Another brand you may want to give a try is Nature's Variety, Instinct (canned). It is potato free and has some unique proteins, such as duck, venison, lamb and rabbit. The have single protein sources which may help signal what may be irritating your cat.
I have some cat grass seed i just never got round to planting it. I will do that today!

I'll give those brands a try, i'll look for the bigger tins. I'll look then up online to make sure i know what i'm looking for at the store. She's eaten pumpkin baby food for her last 2 meals (loves the stuff) and hasn't thrown up yet. I'll start giving her small amounts of real food tomorrow.

I was going to try then on a raw or cooked meat diet but i'm a vegan and the thought of handling dead chicken just didn't work for me.