View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2010, 05:03 AM

Thank you, growler!

Hi, sugarcatmom. Thank you for your advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
Did the change begin since you started adding vegetables to his diet? Which veggies are you using and how much?
I'm not sure their English names but the vegetables I'm using are "mizuna", "komatsuna" (both green leaf vegetables), alfalfa, pumpkin, carrot, cabbage, and parsley. Its amount is up to about 20%.

Since I posted, I've realized that after a shot in the morning, the peak seems to come as usual at about 6-8 hours later. So perhaps the vial is still valid? Slow onset is usually seen at night after the 2nd or 3rd shot in the day. When I see a shallow curve, his numbers are above 200 to 250, so it's not really good.. I've added vegetable for reducing a bit of protein to see if it will affect his blood work, which he will do soon. I've heard that cereals affect glucose numbers but vegetables, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
As for the rest of your raw recipe, what is your source of calcium? Bones? Bonemeal? Or a calcium supplement? Because of the kidney issue, you might want to consider a calcium supplement in place of bone/bonemeal (if that's what you're using) because bones still contain quite a bit of phosphorus along with the calcium, and phosphorus is something you want to minimize in CRF situations.
Thank you. I'm adding egg shell calcium I make at home. I use chicken thigh, or turkey thigh without bones. Not a lot of variation. Are there any good supplements you recommend?