View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2013, 09:14 PM
You can call me DOG!

Our Setter, Mollie did not like walking on leash for quite sometime. We did the same thing and picked her up about 75 feet into the walk and carried her around the neighbourhood. She LOVED the attention received by all the neighbors which was fabulous for socializing but did not want to walk the walk.

I'm with Hazel and a lot of playtime chasing objects in the yard became the alternative for about a good month and a bit before gradually introducing the leash again with a simple nylon collar. We eventually moved into a prong collar and now we cannot even say the "W" consonant as she spazzes out as soon as I say W.

As noted earlier, this is not a discussion about which collar to use or pro versus con but is a simple matter of choice and what works best for you.

In any event, I'm sure Holly will eventually work into the walks but she seems to be still very young. Give her a little more time and throw more tennis balls to fetch off leash for now.

Good luck Dave.

Oh and BTW...are there any pictures of Holly here to view?

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)