View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:57 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
A rough guideline is that cats need somewhere between 20-30 calories per pound of body weight, depending on age, activity level and metabolism. According to the Orijen website, there are 540 cal/cup, so a half cup puts that at 270 cal. Add the 2 tsps of Innova EVO (542 cal/cup) and your at about 292 cal/day for Pubert, so the upper range for a 10lb cat. If you think that he has gained weight and you don't want him to, I'd say you should probably cut back a bit. It's likely that he's just used to free-feeding and he also really likes the new food.
No, the added weight is a good thing, he got skinny quick from throwing up every time he ate for 2 months. He looks better now, if it gets out of control I will cut back.

So he is in the right range eh? Man, he acts like he's starving!!! Last night I was trying to watch TV while my husband was on the phone and he went back and forth between us biting our feet, licking the phone, chewing on the cord, swatting anything he could off the coffee table, and inbetween each bad-act he goes to his dish and meows! In the early morning when we come out of our room he's sitting on his table waiting to be fed, at dinner time, he doesn't rest until he's fed - he follows me formthe pantry tot he kitchen counter to his table all the while singing. It's cute, and it beats throwing up and grumpiness but one would think we never fed him!! He sure loves it!!

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)