View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2019, 10:53 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler~GateKeeper View Post
Sounds like things went quite well.
Whew! It's a relief, I can tell you!

Quote:
You want to watch for the ears flat back & staying there, eyes wide, non stop growling, a really loud growly yeowl (really scary sounding), all fur puffed up tail gets at least twice the normal size.
Will do! From your description, I can see that the first meeting went much better than it might have!

Quote:
Lilly & Pixi's first face to face meeting - Lilly's ears were forward, she was growing & stomping her front foot, she then charged forward about 3 feet but stopped and turned around and walked away - that was when I knew the girls would be ok with each other.

Quote:
I would do at least a one more meet & greets like today.

When you have the two in a larger room, you want to make sure one is not cornering/trapping the other in a corner or under furniture without an escape route ie around or up onto furniture/window sill etc.
Most of the hiding places in the room have at least 2 egresses, so I think we'll be okay. I'll have to watch the corner by the curio, though. Something tells me that if it becomes necessary to go in for a rescue, it might be JD who needs the help, though. He's quite the little gentleman.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."