View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2019, 10:52 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg View Post
If you have a small cat carrier I think I'd be using it in the family room while one or the other is out exploring the area. Then just reverse the kitties.
Better yet, to protect the upstairs litter box, I put it in a large wire dog crate. It's plenty big to use as a swapping room--in fact, that's where JD was when he first met all the dogs.

Quote:
If you have a lazer toy... in case there is a sign of aggression. I would be pointing the beam on the floor between them. It causes a moment of distraction which can be enough to stop aggression
We have multiple lazer toys--one for every room that JD frequents (he's not spoiled, no, not at all )--so we're good there, too!

Quote:
Funny thing is that I was going through the exact same posting of my introduction from 2012 and about half an hour afterwards, I logged into the web site, and lo and behold, there was my introduction that I was looking at about an hour earlier.
I'm tricksy! Or maybe it's just your magic touch! Well, and great minds think alike, don't ya know?

Quote:
We've noticed that female cats we've had tend to become the dominant cat.
So maybe we're just following the natural course of things. She does seem quite confident. We had her out of the crate in the shed porch this morning with Grace. She went right up to Grace and rubbed on her legs and rubbed faces. Grace actually seemed charmed!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."