View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfFashion View Post
BenMax, I know the one you are talking about! He's on one of the sites you mentioned. I was quite taken by him (okay in love with him), and he sounds great except for one thing: in his description it says that he would do best in a situation where someone is home "a great deal", and unfortunately that's not the case with us. Milo is never alone for more than 8 hours a day (unless we go out after work, but we always make sure we tire him out before leaving again, and actually this doesn't happen often because we have no social life lately!), but I'm not sure if they mean they are looking for someone who does not work/works from home? Aside from this one requirement, I think everything else would be a good fit. Unfortunately, most of the dogs I have to "decline", I do so because I don't think our home is good enough for the dog, not the other way around!
I think because he is blind they are looking for someone that is home during most of the day - which makes sense. He also will probably need another canine to guide him. I was fortunate to get this rescue to take him as I only had one day to try and save him. But isn't he the cutest???

I think that it is very responsible of you to decline some that do not fit your lifestyle and visa versa. I wish there were more people that would know what they can and cannot offer a potential pet. If more knew their limitations and what was involved in having companion pets - there would be less animals abandoned and unnecessarily euthanized.