View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2005, 02:52 PM

Angry Too All Of You Posting AGAINST buying mixed or hybrid dogs....

I'm sorry but when I read these posts I kind of got upset. My boyfriend asked me if I wanted to take a ride to a pet store just to kill some time one afternoon....with no intentions of necessarily buying anything. I didn't realize they even had dogs or cats there. And they did. All I know is that I saw an adorable, sweet looking puppy so I asked the attendant to take her out so I could spend some time with her and I fell inlove with her. I asked what breed she was and was told she was a Puggle (Another hybrid being completely knocked by breeders and purebred buyers). Now YES I know a pet store is the worst place to buy a dog.....for YOU.... But it's the best thing you could do for the dog to get them out of there. Some of these places aren't much better then shelters and by buying that dog I saved her life. And I'll be the first person to admit I spent 1000$ on her. Not because she was a puggle,(I had never even heard of these dogs till I asked what her breed was) not because of any reason other then I fell inlove with her and needed to get her the hell out of that place. I immediately took her to the vet and found out that she had a bad respiratory infection and pnemonia. Had i NOT bought her for any reason (cause it was a pet store or because she was so expensive ect) the vet said she would have been dead within 3 or 4 days. I was going to use that 1000$ to buy a used car (I'm a college student and don't have extra money to throw around) and instead I saved a puppy. I don't care what breed she is or how much she cost or anything else, all I care about is that because of me she's alive and happy and healthy. If no one buys them, those puppies will die (JUST LIKE AT A SHELTER). I'm sorry but knowing you waited 6 months for your purebred and spent a thousand dollars (when someone else probably would have bought it in a minute and they were perfectly ok either way) isn't nearly as important to me as spending all the money I have to buy a sick dog to save her. Whether you buy a dog for a lot of money from a pet store, even a puppy mill or an ignorant breeder or rescue one from a shelter you are still saving the dog from a bad situation!!!!!! If you boycott or are against ANY form of buying ANY dog you are allowing these dogs to be left in neglegent conditions and possibly die! Think about this from the dogs' perspective for a minute!