View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2008, 07:52 AM

I"m not a dog expert, but chances are Kimby that she is just being a pup. I really think the saying no and stopping attention is the best way to go with the trainning and you need everyone in the house to react the same. All pups mouth and you do need to say ouch and take your hand away if the bite is too hard. She is learning the differnence between a soft bite and a hard bite.

Ever watch puppy's play with each other? They are very very rough with each other and they use their mouths all the time. Everynow and again one will give a yelp and that lets the other know it was too rough. There is a differenence between playing and being aggressive. I would'n't want you to walk away from her playing, unless she gets to rough. The walk away is more for aggression, too rough , or if she is demanding attention when it's not your choice to give it.

Good luck,, enjoy your pup, don't forget she is just a baby at this stage and will be for quite awhile. She's just learning too and she really is trying to please you for the most part.