View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderfoot View Post
Hello Mona B,
I was responding to this one comment, but in general I think people often tend to over dramatize the dogs experiences - when in fact dogs are typically very flexible and can handle changes easily when they are presented correctly. I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything, but only to caution against making the basement seem like a bad place when it really doesn't have to be. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
See the thing is, I don't need to be cautioned about the basement as I never stated once that it was a bad place..And once again I was going by the first post..Then my comment that you quoted me on was in regards to the statement that was made about changing things to suit his needs. And when Claire did the timeline, I did say that it did make a difference..

Claire, instead of using a baby gate, you can make your own gate..Just measure the doorway length wise and measure a hight.. For example 4' or 5'...Then take the measurements to a home hardware/home depot..Any where that sells plywood..Then get 2 hinges and screw them into the wood and the door frame..Then get a hook/clasp. Then you just put it on the outside of the gate/door....I hope this is all making sense.LOL...Maybe this will sound better...Picture a door cut in half.

I never crated..So this is what I did with my dog(and my past ones) when they were pups.