View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2005, 01:21 PM

It isn't always dangerous and scarey at night. A lot of attacks do happen during daylight hours. Always make sure that someone knows your route and how long you will be. If you can, do carry a cell phone. I never leave mine at home. Make sure that you are always aware of what is going on around you and look like you are not easily intimitaded. Don't look like an easy target. Try to stay in an area that is frequented by people and not secluded or dark.

I've had a few incidents during the day. I've been followed many times. There was this one time that I had taken Misty to the vet and had no choice but to park my car in a parking lot that I really didn't like. When I was walking with Misty back to my car I noticed a man staring at me. He really creeped me out. He started to walk towards me and I could hear Misty start to growl. I had never heard her do that before. I managed to open my car door and throw my purse in the back seat and let Misty in. The guy backed up when he noticed that my purse was now right next to my dog who didn't particularly like him. The whole time Misty was in my car she kept her eyes on him and growled in that deep, low angry growl. I never once thought that she would do that. She only stopped when she could no longer see him and then she placed herself between the front seats next to me. I have no doubt that she would have tried to protect me in any way she could.