View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:38 AM

I can somewhat relate to what you are going through. Our new puppy (chihuahua mix), has been with us for 2 months now, and its been a bit of a challenge.

we have a bed for him in the family room, and he would just go, sit and pee on it! if he was playing or just standing right next to you, and he had to go, he would just do it there, not even sniff around for a place to go. He even peed on me a couple times when I was holding him; needless to say it was very very frustrating,

I can't say that he is 100% trained yet, but we started paying attention to his routine, and we know at what times he has to go out, we take him he takes care of business and then we gave him a little treat, then back inside. It all seemed to be going ok, then the other day he was sleeping on my boyfriend's lap on a pillow, then just sit up and just peed a few minutes later he had to go again and he was by the door waiting slowly but he seems to be getting the hang of it, so I guess its all about being patient, very patient!

We now stopped giving him treats every time he goes outside, but as soon as he is done we make sure to rub his head and tell him what a good boy he is. I don't have a magic solution for you, but this is what has worked for us. Some people I know have a little bell hanging from their door, so the pup will hit it when they have to go outside, but we have not used this.

hope the little guy gets better with this soon.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi