View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2012, 03:02 PM

Zylkene for stress in cat or dog

Hi everyone,

Has anyone here given Zylkene ( alpha-S1 tryptic casein) to a cat or dog? Did it work? How much did you pay?

My vet told me about this product when I asked how I could help my 8 year old dog Arielle adjust when my nearly 17 year old dog Mickey passes on... I'm getting used to the fact that Mickey won't be with me for long and because of Arielle's behaviour in certain past events, I know she will have a hard time adjusting to his absence so I'm trying to plan ahead as I always do!

My vet told me Zylkene (www.vetoquinol.ca/en/index.asp?page=302 ) is natural and does take time to be effective although as with any solution, some animals don't respond at all. Arielle would need a daily dose of 450 mg and for 30 days, it costs around 75$ I don't know how long she would have to be on Zylkene: weeks, months, years?? I'm searching to find out if a cheaper human equivalent exists but no luck.

Thank you for any feedback you may have to offer