View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinsHope View Post

I absolutely agree that some dogs don't do well on raw, but this is solely because complete mis application of the diet by their owners, and it's basically entirely based on the owners not wanting to do it, understand it, or accept it, and I agree, those people should stay away from the concept until such time as they can stop equating their dog's digestive system, physical and mental needs, as they do their own.
I agree, many new raw feeders (including myself ) made some mistakes when starting out that ended up causing upset stomachs, loose stools etc. It can be tempting to go back to kibble, but I think many raw feeders that stick with it are delighted with the results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgeurts View Post

Ok, let me just say when I first responded to this post I didn't even look at the category. Had I done so I probably would not have responded because raw is not my passion or area of expertise in any way. But I still feel people should make informed choices. I'm not going to fight and argue. I know what information I have, and as far as my baby is concerned, it's enough to keep me away from raw. Cassiek, I do have a few case studies and articles. I will pm you the links

MerlinsHope, you can respond if you like, but I won't sit here and argue the matter with you. In fact, I'll just browse my normal places and won't be responding here again. Have a great day
Thank you for the PM, Rgeurts. I will look over those. It's unfortunate you had such a rotten experience with raw and thank goodness your pup is okay

I think a raw diet is the best, most species appropriate diet for a dog; but it may not be suitable for all dogs based eitheir on the dog or the owner. Some people are simply uncomfortable feeding a raw diet, can't be bothered to invest the time it requires, etc. and if that's the case they should stay away from it. It takes a lot more work than simply throwing a cup of kibble in the bowl... but it's been worth it for my dogs.

"Many of the Earth's habitats, animals, plants, insects, and even micro-organisms that we know as rare may not be known at all by future generations. We have the capability, and the responsibility. We must act before it is too late." - Dalai Lama