View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:05 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree Chico...like I also said relocated wildlife barely never survive. I hope she comes up with another solution besides trapping. I also have to say that I find it frustating that, while yes I understand you need to protect your property, etc...but when wildlife become a inconvience society just want to get rid, while they have every right to be here. It is up to us to come up with humane alternatives when it comes to co exiting with wildife.

trapping while yes at times is humane..for instance, sick and or injured...but to trap because it has become a nusiance in someones eyes is selfish.

Pumpkin, you say that you don't want to harm the raccoon. Well I have to say trapping and relocating will harm him.

As my suggestion for the lights...I used to work as an Animal protection officer. If a coon was in a roof...we would tell them (as request from the wildlife control company we worked with) put a radio and or shine a light into the entry hole. Raccoon would leave it;s den and not come back. Raccoons do not like alot of noise and lights.

And I also have to say..that there are alot of shady wildlife control companys out there. Ones that do not have the best intentions. Trust me I have seen quite a few. Also since a raccoon is a rabie vector animal, some wildilfe control companys will not relocate, but just put down, due to the fear of rabies and spread of disease.