View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2006, 08:46 PM

Young cat with severe heart murmur

I adopted a beautiful young cat(1-2 yrs) from a rescue 2 months ago. I have had many health problems with her from upper respiratory problems, diarrhea, and now all of her hair is falling out which all could be from the horrible conditions she was taken from. She has been seen by 4 doctors and has a heart murmur rated between 5-6. Two Vets have said I should give her back to the rescue organization or try to find someone that will take in a special needs cat. It wasn't advised that I invest money into ultrasound,etc because it will be very costly and the outcome will probably be something that can't be corrected. They told me that her life is going to be short. She is a real sweetheart of a cat and is very active and playful. I finally got weight on her (she was in bad condition when I adopted her) and if I could only get the hair to grow back (she is a flamepoint ragdoll).
I really can't afford to have the ultrasound done but I feel like I should find someway to do this. Is there meds that she could take to help her? I really don't want to place her in another home since she had a rough start in life. But since I have another cat already, the doctor said it's better that she's an only cat because she sometimes chases after the other one. Anyone have some input or advice on what I should do or even what food is good for her? Right now it's between Nutro and Natures Balance. I just can't see giving up on her because she is very active and happy now. HELP!:
Attached Images