View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2006, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Angies Man,WOW,that was pretty harsh:sad:
Even if you hate cats,they are living beeings,they hurt,they get hungry and have as much right to live as any other creature.
I agree NO cat should be roaming any more than dogs should.
I love my cats,I would never expose them to cat-haters,busy roads etc..my cats are my responsability nobody elses.
Most feral cats are unfortunate,abandonned animals,abandonned by ignorant people and they will do anything to survive.
I too have a problem with a neighbor cat,my cats go crazy when they see her in their backyard and we have to disrupt what we are doing to shoo her away.
The very best,would be a spay/neuter,no roaming cats by-law,but it will never happen

I don't hate cats. Really. I cried when my best friend's cat (Patches was a very nice house cat that never went outside) had a stroke and was put to sleep. But, it's a fact of life in rural areas around towns and cities that feral pets are a problem--people think that since cats and dogs were predators 10,000 years ago, they can revert overnite. Instead, they starve, get in trouble, harass livestock, and kill songbirds and other wild animals.

Feral ex-pets aren't cute or cuddly, and are usually unadoptable. You all mostly think nothing of setting bait or a trap for a cockroach, mouse, or a rat (they're called 'pests'.) I'm only saying that in rural areas around towns and cities, feral pets are pests, just like rats and mice--and it's a fact of life that country folks have jobs, and kids, and pets of their own. And chores feeding cows, horses, sheep, & chickens when they get home (and little time or patience to deal with the dropped off refuse that irresponsible pet owners deposit in our neighborhoods.) I had a choice, I guess, I could let the feral cats alone and have them clean out my woods of valued companion wild birds, I could let them live under my house and tear up the crossover heating duct and the floor insulation, I could let them tip over my trash cans and spread garbage all over my yard, I could allow the unvaccinated offspring of former pets expose my dogs to disease; or I could get rid of the vermin that my city neighbors dispose of in my neighborhood.

Maybe it is harsh from your point of view. It's the way things are done in the country.

Last edited by Angies Man; December 10th, 2006 at 02:01 AM.