View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2004, 10:10 AM
Senior Contributor

Jindo, I am very sorry to hear that you have recieved hateful PM's. That's very childish and immature. Considering that this board is majority adults, it's disgusting to hear.
I'm glad that you don't not willing to give up on your puppy. He is little and it's gonna take some extra time, it doesn't mean that he's dumb, or your dumb. The Jin might just be stubborn and is having difficulty seeing that you're the dominant leader. Has you obidenece class started yet?

They are little tricks that you can do the "trick" your dog into believing that you are the dominant leader. When you feed him make it look like you are eating it first - don't crouch done on the ground by his food, but instead - before you put the bowl down make sure he sees you eat the food first (just pretend though ) and THEN give it to him. This signifies that you are the leader of the pack adn the leader always eats first. When giving attention to the dog, make him earn it!!! Before you pet make him sit or lie down THEN pet. When the nipping starts pull away and say "NO" loudly. wait until he settles down PRAISE him - give him a small treat or something... Then try and pet again, just keep up with that cycle, hopefully something will come of it!!! Good Luck!! Keep your head high! You're better then a lot of pet owners, at least you're asking questions and trying to save your relationship with the Jin!!! Again, I'm sorry for the childish antics of the "adults" on this board.