View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2006, 01:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi_lover
I finally found my chihuahua.took alot of hard searching..but now im having trouble training her.She is a purbred short coat and she is currently 9 weeks now.I've had her for 2 weeks.
first of all, you got her at 7wks? too young to leave her mom/litter-mates IMO.

secondly, she's a wee 9wks! she's a baby! of course you're having trouble... give her time to grow up a bit. you should expect a 9wk old pup to have MANY accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi_lover
I've tried to teach her but she never learns.I work from 8-5 so I can't supervise her at all times.I was crate training her..the first day she did well..but then she decided to pee in there as well, so I gave up on that but she still uses it as her bed and comfort zone.I've also noticed that when she needs to poop..she will hold it untill im out of her site for a second then she will go..its like she knows that its bad but she still does it.
she never learns? I REPEAT, SHE'S 9 WKS OLD, SHE'S A BABY.

you work from 8-5? I certainly hope this pup isn't alone in a crate for that whole time.

and btw... pups don't have accidents because they know it's bad and still do it... she DOESN'T KNOW, SHE'S A BABY. She needs to be taught where to go and needs this teaching OFTEN during the day.