Thread: Eye Drops
View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Eye Drops

My Ursa was at the vet today.......her regular vet was on holiday and his co worker was in surgery .....they had another vet filling in........Ursa has a condition that requires her to have eye drops once a day......My regular vet always gives me repeats and I have her checked every 6 months to see if any change of dose is required on her last visit he looked and her dose was increased..............The vet I saw today refused to refill my perscription unless I allowed her to perform a eye test.....to see if there was damage on her eye ......I told her that aside from the disease her eyes were fine I look at them every day and examine them and it wasnt nessesary.........she refused to do the refill unless the test was done ......other than that I could come back to see my regular vet. Well she needed her drops so I had to pay 17 dollars for the silly test..........her eyes were fine, as I said no problem. I was infuriated that she put me in that position is this common?????? I am definitly going to speak to my reg. vet about it........I could have waited ......but for what ? to be charged for a exam to get just the eye drops when thats what I was there for today and already paid for? Do vets get a percentage of the bill when they fill in for another vet .........just curious