View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2008, 02:48 PM

[QUOTE=sugarcatmom;612221]Not likely the squash or sweet potatoes, there really isn't that much in these foods to cause such a problem. How long were they on it for? How fast did you do the switchover?

I switched them very slowly over 3 weeks mixed in with what my breeder was feeding them when I got them which was (I can see you cringing). Fancy Feast canned and Eukenuba dry. They were solid on Eukenuba and when I slowly switched them over to first California Natural and then Wellness over yet another 2 weeks, but as they both got progressively worse and we won't talk about the mess and stink, I stopped the food, took them to the vet and they have both been on prescription diet(s) since, for the last 3yrs. In that long episode they both began intermitent vomiting and that has never stopped. Once a month they both need to go in for Reglan, anti-nausea meds and IV fluids. Vet bills are horrendous. The sad thing is, is that my male was doing great on Nutro and hasn't vomited or been lose in 6 months, which is great for him.
So now I have a huge dilemna trying to find food for him to eat that won't bring all of this back again. I also don't want my other cat getting sick when I bring the new food in, cause she will eat it too. She has elevated liver enzymes. So much for my incredibly gorgeous, wonderfully sweet pedigree Birman cats. I'm soooooooo close to going back to the pet store and buying another bag of Nutro Max Cat and pray it is ok, then things will go back to being normal (for us) again