Thread: Kibble and Raw
View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2007, 10:02 AM

Thanks Techno.
I was quite freaked out when I saw that diarrhea last night! I mean, I've seen him have loose stools and regular diarrhea but this was something else It gives a new meaning to the term cannon-butt...it shot out of him with such force that he almost fell forward!
I wonder if he's having this reaction just because it's kibble or because it's kitty kibble? Either way, it's not pretty.
I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but the sequence of events were as follows: he ate his raw dinner at 5:00 p.m. and then ate approx 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup of Felidae kibble at 6:30 p.m. I though it might be a good thing that it happened in this order because the raw went down first and would consequently come out first as opposed to lingering in the gut if he ate the kibble first (we all know how long kibble takes to digest, right?)

We've now moved the cat's food up on top of the kitchen table and pretty much built a fort around it with a small opening for the cat to get to it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again, aside from switching our cat to raw too? (which we have tried twice with no success unfortunately :sad: ) The poor cat is so confused because we keep moving her bowl and now she has an entire obstacle course to get through in order to get to it.