View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Senior Contributor

And what a lot city people don't know is that having a dog in the country,say a farm,you as the owner have to keep the dog on your property.

Farmers have all the rights to shoot a dog that comes on their land and anywhere near their livestock.It has been done many a times.

My sister is on a farm.She has 3 Siberian Huskies and a Border Collie.The dogs are out and run around.They stay out front when let out.They never leave the property.Yes I am talking about the Huskies .LOL....It took alot of hard work with the training when they were pups.But they are VERY well trained.My brother-in-law is home all day.His health is not good.Triple heart bypass 2 years ago.And his diabetes is very bad.But when no one is home,the dogs are inside.And they are inside at night.

When I go to visit them,I see alot of dogs on the farms chasing the cars and going after the horses that people ride on the side of the road.My sister has had some dogs from the other farms coming on her property.She knows who they belong to.She has talked to them a number of times.