View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:20 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I thought you might enjoy them, chico! I wasn't expecting quite that many of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
It seems I am getting more Monarchs right now,a little late,isn't it?
I think it's about the right time for them to head south. Around here, the major push is through September.

When I buy plants, I look for the ones with both hummer and butterfly markers on them! I may just buy a flat from a catalogue nursery cuz we're so far from the place that sells native plants here. But every time I go into town, I try to find at least one plant to bring home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post
Look at all those beautiful butterfly's!! and a walking stick? don't think I have ever saw one.

I love the marking of the caterpillar on the leaf
Walking sticks are really cool! We get them here, too, only ours are green and not quite that big.

The caterpillar is a monarch-in-waiting...you should have seen the milkweed plants in the butterfly house--chewed to ribbons! I think they need more milkweed plants if they're going to have that many monarchs again next year.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."