View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

We have had on going ear issues with Dazy since February, she has yeast in her ear that won't go away, we have been thru several perscriptions and treatments, she eats no grain, we clean and swab and medicate twice daily, etc...we just found something that will work, we hope...the substance in her infected ear is redish brown wax, different from her other ear. I was at the vets this morning for a recheck after 1 week on this new med and the yeast count is way down - so far, so good!!! And he swabed for mites - he didn't find any and he said it was rare in dogs, more common in cats, I asked if it can transfer form cat to dog, he said it was rare. He said sometimes mites are the root problem, then comes the yeast or infection...

We are hoping to get rid of it once and for all, prolonged yeast and ear infections could cause perminent damage. She now hates visiting the vet as we go weekly, she trembles when we walk in, poor girl!! And twice a day we struggle to get her to come out for ear cleaning and meds, poor thing, I can't wait until it's all healed!!! She knows that when she sees me and my husband together it's ear time, once we catch her and settle her down and show her these special super yummy ear cleaning treats (real chicken breast) she tilts her head to the side and prepares for it like a real trooper, she knows it will make her feeel better...breaks my heart. Yes, I am a softy!

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)